I solemly swore to my non-existent readers that my following blogs would be shorter, more condensed, and more interesting. I hope that I don't disappoint...
We're moving to Austin, Texas. It's true. Rob has been offered a great new position by his company in which he will be able to live and work in the same city! For the past two years, Rob has been commuting from his Nashville office to his territory in East Tennessee every week. He leaves every Tuesday morning and comes home every Thursday night. It would be stating the obvious to say that this has gotten very old to him... and to me. So, when this oppurtunity presented itself, we knew we should check it out. Rob proceeded to go through phone interviews, and then flew to Houston and Austin for three days last week. They offered him the job on the spot (Of course! How would they not love him?), and after some thinking, talking, praying, [crying], we said yes.
I'm really excited. It's an adventure. People say that moving is a really good (yet challenging) thing for newlyweds to do. Austin seem like an incredible place to be relocating to. But I feel sad at the same time. We're leaving both of our families, a neighborhood we adore, a church and community we love and are very involved in, my sweet house, lots of fabulous friends... and the list could go on. So, yeah, I'm leaving some great things here in Nashville. But there could be an even longer list of things I am gaining in Austin!
The plan is for Rob to move there at the end of June to start his job at the beginning of July (sniff, sniff). I will stay here in Nashville until the wedding. I'm sure I'll stay busy between work, planning this wedding, attending showers, trying to sell my house (sniff again), packing up, and squeezing every last second out of my time here! Then I'll quit work the week before the wedding, and we'll move me there after we get back from the honeymoon. Phew. That is an action packed summer!
So that's the latest news. I'm going to finish up the work-day and head to the lake for the weekend with the Bauchiero clan. And I'm pretty excited about that, by the way. We're taking Jake the dog up there with us for the first time. At first glance, he looks to be quite the outdoorsy dog. The reality is, he is scared of thunder, refuses to go in the basement, and the lastest development is that he is a terrible swimmer. We took him swimming for the first time last week and thought he may sink to the bottom. No amount of sticks or tennis balls would lure him in to the water, and I'm ashamed to say that we resorted to pushing him in. But don't worry, Rob and I are still his favorite humans on the planet.
Until next time...
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so excited for you guys! I love Austin, hope wedding plans are going well cuzzie! see you soon!!
ReplyDelete<3,
Britt
(Just so you know my email address is cos41333@gmail.com (not hotmail anymore ;) )
I love the blog lara (both of them!) and can't wait to read more!! I am glad you have one! and i can't believe you are moving to Austin!! That place is awesome!!! I'll definitely have to come visit! :) love you both and can't wait till the wedding!!!
ReplyDeletelove, Nik
I love the blog Lara!! I can't believe you guys are moving to Austin, but I KNOW you are going to love it! Looking forward to seeing you both very soon!! Love, jan
ReplyDeletehey ya, how you doing, glad that you have a blog, how the wedding plans going? enjoy it, it goes so fast. lotsa love ger
ReplyDeleteso glad about the blog!! I think moving to austin will be a fun and exciting adventure for you guys! love you!
ReplyDeleteI love you blogging and Austin is a fabulous city, my aunt and uncle live there with their 3 kids and love it. So if you need suggestions or things to do, let me know and I'll ask her for you!! Much love! Sarah, Ryan and Baby Bella
ReplyDelete