Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My City.

We just got back from Austin on Sunday night. Rob was there for work, learning the ropes last week, and I was able to fly in and meet him for the weekend. We are so blessed that Rob works for a solid company that pays for things, like weekend vacations to Austin:).

I love it. I love the artsy, eclectic, yet still Southern vibe. I love that there are dogs at every park, coffee shop, and bar. I love Sno-Cone trailers on every corner, with more cute coffee shops than I can count. I love driving around a new city, window down, sunglasses in place, good music playing, and my favorite person on the other side of the console. I love Tex-Mex, tacos, salsa, and fresh guacamole everywhere! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner- mmmmm! I love that it is sunny 99% of the time and I can be tan and blonde all year long! I love the lakes and the water all in and around the city. I love the thought of our friends and family coming to visit, and watching them love my new city. The list could go on and on...

As we flew back into Nashville Sunday night, it was a weird feeling that this wasn't going to be "home" anymore. My mom always told me that "home" is where your family is. And I am about to start a new family, which is something I've never done before... It is a strange feeling that I cannot even picture what my life is going to look like in a few short months. (Deep breath in, deep breath out.) But I'm still excited. I look forward to exploring even more. To finding a job that will challenge me and grow me, and introduce me to new prospective friends. I can't wait to find a place to live... My little home to share with my favorite boys in the world- Rob and Jake the dog. These are good things. I am a lucky girl.

Other than that, it's back to life as usual. I'm excited about a quiet weekend in this sweet town. I'm working hard at being present right here, right now, without worrying about things I can't control. Change and growth are the only constants in life:). Bring it on.

Sometimes, when I talk for a long time, explaining something that feels complex, I feel the strong urge to say, " Does that make any sense?". I sorta feel like I should say that right now...

3 comments:

  1. we can't wait to come see you in austin! can we head to sea world??? i miss shamu! and you of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lara, im so excited for you and Rob! I can promise you that your wedding will be the BEST day of your life! You have s much to look forward to and although the planning and build up can be stressful, it all comes together and is so much fun! You only get to do it once, so enjoy every minute!
    Rob looks like a fine young man, i just wish we didn't live so far apart coz we never get to meet the new additions! Well, now that ive started blogging, i hope we can keep in touch a bit more. I really hope my husband and i can come visit you guys in Austin some day... That would be awesome!
    Miss you lots my cuz...
    Love Kayley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaa! i'm so excited you have a blog! i'll be reading it religiously, of course. XO

    ReplyDelete