Rob's a Texan. He lives there, has a Texas address, AND is currently waiting on his Texas driver's license to be shipped to him. It seems like just yesterday he was asking me, "What are your thoughts on Austin, Texas?". After wrapping up his life in Nashville, we packed most of Rob's belongings into a little U-Haul trailer and the back of his 4Runner and set off for Texas. It took us just about 14.5 hours, but we made it in one day! After arriving, we were able to spend most of the next day relaxing and recuperating from our long drive. The day before we left for TX, Rob secured a little apartment about 5 minutes away from downtown. It is a very cozy (read: SMALL) apartment, but is in a great location, and will be a great place to call home while we familiarize ourselves with Austin. He signed a 10 month lease, so that will be the place I will be coming home to in two short months to spread my domestic-goddess magic. I really am looking forward to joining him there, but I was so glad to get to see where he was going to live, and to help him set up his little home. I am so excited for him- he actually gets to sleep in the same bed every night (instead of at a hotel), and work out of the same office every day (instead of the back seat of a rental car). It was a great weekend, and a great time to really feel that this is SUCH a good thing for him and for us. I left feeling very excited about joining him.
Meanwhile, on the homefront in Nashville, my sweet little precious house is on the market. There hasn't been a whole lot of action, but I am working hard at being patient and not worrying about something I have no control over. Jake has taken up a fairly permanent residence at my parents' house, which has been so helpful. The house is ready to show at any time, but there is no one excited when I get home from work, or ready to go on a run with me, or waking me up in the middle of the night to go play outside! I'm ready for us all 3 to be settled in Austin. I'm also in the process of trying to find a job. I'm sending out all kinds of applications. The children's hospital in Austin only has a few positions available, so I'm thinking this might be just the oppurtunity to broaden my horizons. And then, in my free time, I'm planning this wedding- which I'm SO ready for, if I haven't mentioned that yet.
Last weekend, Rob and I met in LA for the weekend to go to one of his old family friends' weddings. What a great weekend! His parents met us there, along with his brother Ryan, Ryan's wife Kerry, and their son, Tommy. It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but it was so great to get to meet a lot of their family as well as some of their oldest friends. I got to see pictures and hear lots of stories, which I always enjoy. Learning about someone's history is a huge part of getting to know them, and thankfully, it just makes me love him more:). Everyone was wonderful! And it didn't hurt that the setting of the weekend was beautiful, sunny Southern California! I kept telling Rob that I am actually a California girl at heart, and I would not mind moving there at all. He just gave me a look like I might be out of my mind... I was sad to leave him at LAX airport Sunday night, but knowing that every week that passes by brings us closer to September 19th!
That's all for now, folks.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We are so excited for you guys It sounds like everything is falling into place so nicely. It's so fun setting up your new home together. Don't worry about the sale of your home. We serve an awesome God who has every detail of your lives sewn up - why on earth would He forget about something small like the sale of a home!!! I wish we could be at your wedding. It's so not fair!! I suppose, once again, photos will have to suffice!!! Love ya.
ReplyDeleteHi Lara. I finally had weekend time to check out your wedding website, book our hotel for the BIG day (weekend), and now read through your blog. Nice job!!!! It was so much fun to read through all your entries. We haven't seen you since we were in Nashville over Thanksgiving and since soooo much has happened, it was so fun to be able to read all about it! Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do this! I can't wait for the next entry.... Please give our love to Rob too. xoxo
ReplyDeleteLara, I'm so excited for you! Continue loving and embracing life my sweet friend!
ReplyDelete