Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Austin: THE City to Visit in 2010

Well, we had an absolute blast with Ryan and Kerry. We had a perfect balance of getting to show them our town, as well getting to spend quality time together. When the Bauchiero clan gets together, it is an absolute blast. Lots of kids running around, lots of laughing and fun, etc. We live for those times, but we also really loved just getting some chill, quality [grown-up] time. Which makes us even MORE pumped for our trip next month... the adult Bauchieros plus the three oldest kiddos are taking over Deer Valley, Utah for a WEEK! I can't even talk about how pumped I am. Actually, I will save it for another post :).

So, as I mentioned, my friends Rachel, Paige and SB were supposed to come and visit us last weekend... Due to the nasty weather that has plagued the Southeast, their flight was cancelled. Not only have I not gotten to play in any of that snow, but it has prevented people from coming to me! Hmph. I was super bummed and spent a good portion of Friday pouting. However, I do love my weekends, and ended up enjoying this one regardless. The weather was fantastic, and I got to do some shopping with my friend Erin. And then on Sunday, I was a medical volunteer at the Austin Marathon, which was pretty fun. (Rob ended up not running it since Rachel wasn't here.) And we had a perfect Valentines Day. We took naps, and went on a jog. We made breakfast-for-dinner and watched Couples' Retreat. It was perfect. Rob and I got each other small gifts, and he was so thoughtful! I got him a remote control helicopter, which was a big hit. Mostly because Jake is TERRIFIED of it. He honestly acts like a monster is flying around our apartment. Totally entertaining.

Drum Rollllll.... the best news yet: the girls are coming THIS weekend! (Minus Paige, which is sooooo sad). However, I said I would settle for 2 instead of none. Paige is prego and going to have her baby in a month, so I was so pumped to get to see her before the little guy arrives! Oh well... We'll miss her for sure. But I am SO pumped to get to see them this weekend.

And get this- two of my other best friends, Molly and Leigh Ann just scheduled a trip here at the end of March! For 4 days!!! Yayyyy!

AND one of our favorite Nashville couples, Thomas and Jessica Hunter, are coming to see us at the end of April! So happy!

So, don't miss out. Book your trip today. Austin is the place to be.

Hugs, Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment