Monday, December 6, 2010

Hello. My name is Lara and I am a bad blogger.

Friends and Family. 

I'm sorry. I'm bad at this. I know. However, we have really fun things happening in our life right now. So I felt as if I should share. 

We are buying a house in Austin! 

This city has truly become our home and its very obvious that this is where God has us right now. Our jobs are great, we love our friends, and are really enjoying our church... So, we are taking the leap, and buying a house. We have been dying to get out of the apartment and have a place with some more room and a yard. We found this adorable little neighborhood right in the heart of South/Central Austin, close to so many of the things we love already. We are getting a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home, so we have LOTS of room. Come visit! 

So, without further ado.

The outside. How cute is it?! Notice the garage. This is exciting for us... 

Coming in the front door, the kitchen/dining/living area. We love the big open room and high ceilings. It is going to be so much roomier in the kitchen now when Rob and I are both in the kitchen... and the dogs join us as they always do. 

Looking to the front of the house. Bedroom and bathroom downstairs and then 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs. 


Rob modeling the back yard. The area behind the house is "green space" that the city owns. It will never developed, and is a great place to take the dogs to play. 


My own sink! Eek! 

So there it is! We are so so so excited, and are so thankful for the way that things all worked out for us. It was the place we wanted to live since we started looking, and we thought it wasn't going to happen... But then it did! The neighborhood is full of young couples and families, and there are so many dogs, it has its own little dog park. I mean, how perfect can it be?! 

We really do look forward to being able to have more visitors... we mean it. Come! 

So, our holiday season is going to be a little more hectic than normal, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am actually taking a quick packing break to update this... We close on December 16th and move the following weekend. My mom and dad are coming for Christmas and will hopefully arrive on the 22nd. I am actually on call for Christmas, which is so sad. But I am also excited at the thought of Christmas here in our new home! 

Then, in January... AFRICA. Phew, what an amazing few months. 

So, that's the skinny. Love you all. 

Oh, and Thanksgiving in Nashville was amazing. Fun, fun family time. I got an amazing camera for my birthday from my sweet, sweet husband and have been working at taking lots of pictures. I am also taking a photography workshop in the new year, so get excited to witness my improving skills! At photography and blogging... 

xoxo. 

Lara

3 comments:

  1. as an english teacher i couldnt stand the grammatical incorrectness of "1 comments" so i had to comment here to change it! im pumped lara!!! i am feeling an austin round two in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanna come visit... we wanna meet Rob, we want you to meet Bella and our baby boy (once he pops out!)... I see an Austin trip in our future! love ya!

    ReplyDelete