Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting the Ark Ready...

Ya'll. It has been raining for the last 24 hours in Austin and I swear we are all about to float away. This city is not used to this much water falling from the sky! I woke up really early this morning to go to a class at the YMCA. On the way there, I passed this huge turtle that must have crawled out of Town Lake and was just creeping on down the street towards the highway. Apparently, he's had enough of the rain and was getting on out of town. And, of course, the first time I drag my butt out of bed for an early workout class, the YMCA flooded last night and wasn't going to open. I went home and back to bed... Enough with the rain!

We just got back from a fantastic Labor Day weekend with the Bauchiero clan. We flew in Thursday night, and headed straight out to the lake house with Jim and Nanci. The rest of the clan joined us on Friday, and we had a grand total of SIXTEEN people there for the whole weekend. We had amazing weather, amazing food, amazing rest, and, of course, amazing company. It was just so fun for us. We loved every second of getting to spend time with those kiddos... they are growing up so fast and are so much fun. My parents and Mitchell came down for the day on Saturday to hang out. We are so lucky that our families enjoy one another and we can all spend time together.

So, we arrived back in Austin on Monday night, tanned, well rested, with our "family-time-bank" all filled up.

We're looking forward to getting to be here in Austin for a while, with no more trips planned until Thanksgiving. This place truly feels more and more like home and I am looking forward to actually being here since I haven't spent more than 5 days at a time here for the past 4 weeks!

xoxo
Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment