I'm turning over a new leaf... I'm going to blog more often and in smaller quantities. It's similar to the agreement I have made with my friends... When we talk to one another, it doesn't have to be a long, heart-to-heart, or in-depth conversations. It can just be for a few minutes... just enough time to tell a funny story, or say why we're sad that day, or share our latest shopping bargain or big find...
So, in short, I've been reminded in the last couple of days what a very, very blessed girl that I am. About all the things I take for granted. About, how instead of focusing on all the great things, I tend to focus on the things that are slightly less than perfect. But, in reality, my life is pretty wonderful.
For example, I have spent a good amount of time whining about my new job. About how different it is than Vanderbilt. About how they don't do things as well as Vandy does. About how much I miss my co-workers and my 3-day-a-week schedule. Well, I think I am through with that phase. For starters, I am thankful just to have a job. And, to boot, I get to spend time with kids EVERY DAY. That makes it almost perfect. Not to mention, I am continuing to use and refine and further develop the skills I have gained in the last 5 years. Each experience I gather makes me a better nurse. I'm learning more Spanish than I bargained for. And my new coworkers are very kind to me. Oh, and I do miss working 3 days a week. BUT, I get to spend more time with Rob (and Jake) this way. I get to go running or take a yoga class in the morning before work. And still get home in time to have dinner and hang out with Rob.
Rob and I have adopted a family for Christmas this year. It is a young mom (26) with a 3 year old and a 4 year old. We have had so much fun buying things for the kids, and picking things out for them. When we called the mom to find out what size clothes to buy, she wouldn't tell us. She wants us to just bring things for the children... I only share this because it is part of the big picture of things in my life that are making me thankful, and humbled. The kids are Carlos and Jaime, by the way, and I can't wait to meet them!
God, thank you so much for the way you have loved me and blessed me far beyond I can ask or imagine. Help me to turn around and share this love with the people you place in my life.
No one may read this, and that's fine. But just saying it out loud (to cyber space), makes it more real for some reason. So there.
Your cheesy, thankful, rookie blogstress,
Lara
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have been thinking the same things lately, Lara. "God is generous to us not so that we can raise our standard of living, but so that we can raise our standard of giving."
ReplyDeleteI read that quote the other day and it inspires me, thought I'd share it :)
Love you lots!
Britt
:) i hear ya!
ReplyDelete