Thursday, December 10, 2009

Letter to a Dog (this is therapeutic for me)

Dear Jake the Dog-

We miss you. What have you done with our sweet puppy? We do not love the little grey monster that has taken up residence in our small apartment.

I was so sad today when I left for work when I had to leave you in your crate, with your muzzle on. We haven't had to do that for months and months! We thought Texas had cured you, and we loved getting to just leave you out in the house. Of course, you deserve the muzz and crate with the stunts you've been pulling lately...

For starters, why do you want to dig through the trash? You have your muzzle on lately (to keep you from chewing at your wounds/stitches). Have you found a way to eat trash with the muzz on??

Second, would you please explain to me why you would pull our Rummikub game off the table, spread the tiles all over creation, and then EAT the bag (again, with the muzz ON)? Only to spend the entire night afterwards throwing up in the living room. Contrary to what you may think, I don't really like cleaning that up.

And while you're at it, let me know why you felt the need to pull all the cushions off the couch and then piddle on it? Seriously?! You've never even had an accident in the house before... It feels quite intentional, if I'm being honest.

We know you have a lot of energy and need to go outside more. And we'll try to do better. But its been so rainy and cold in Austin...

Okay. Well, we love you, you crazy dog. You've come a long way from the crazy 9 month old Weimeraner we adopted last fall. Please let this be a phase, and don't keep regressing... Let's leave this week behind us.

Love,
Rob and Lara

PS- Please leave the angel on our little nativity scene up there on her perch above the manger. She is tired of you pulling her off and hiding her all over the apartment.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Blog, La. So great to be able to follow whats happening your side! This made me laugh! love you!

    ReplyDelete